Program Topic Suggestions for TPE 2022
Please enter suggestions for topics and speakers for TPE 2022 in the form below. You can also vote and comment on existing suggestions.
Posted ideas will be reviewed prior to publication on the site. Suggested speaker names will not be published publicly.
To reduce spam the form has a math problem and checkbox at the end.
Your contact information will only be used for planning or organization of the symposium and will not be shared with any third parties.
- 8Session: TEE Outside CV ORExtracardiac Perioperative Echography EP Studies-Ablations Should TEE Training Be Part Of All Anesthesiologist Training?
- 3Intraoperative Right Heart & TV Assessment in PVR for ToFLecture: Assessment & decision making.
- 3Practical Approach to DiastologyWhat is the importance of Diastology in the perioperative period, and how to make a practical and systematic approach?
- 3Session: TEE & the Lung – Thoracic Surgery, Lung Ultrasound, ECLS– Lung Transplant – Pulmonary Endarterectomy – Lobectomies, Pneumonectomy in patients With RV Failure Risk – Lung Ultrasond – ECLS
- 3Value of TEE in ACB – Is routine TEE justified?TEE in CABG/does it worth it? JACC. 2021 Jul, 78 (2) 112–122
- 3Echo Measurement in the ORHCM Aortic valve in AV repair MV in MV repair TV
- 3Airway PoCUSUpper airway PoCUS indications and effectiveness
- 3Case Panel: Prosthetic Valve AssessmentChallenging cases involving prosthetic valve assessment. Postoperative follow up of borderline cases; decision making in the OR (e.g. double mechanical valves, which might be difficult to assess).
- 2Case Panel: What to do with unwelcome surprise findingsSubaortic membrane in AS Left persistent SVC Left atrial laceration in MV surgery IVC/SVC stenosis post MVR
- 2Concomitant TV repair in degenerative MRN Engl J Med 2022; 386:327-339; DOI:10.1056/NEJMoa2115961 Comments in: NEJM; 386(19):1861–3. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc2202775
- 2Provocation Testing in the OR: HCM, AS and beyond – Pros, cons & open questionsProvocation testing for 1) HCM gradient measurement intraoperatively; 2) Low flow, low gradient AS; 3) MR Pros, cons and unknowns
- 2Session: Prosthetic Valves – assessment and outcomes in 2022New developments Outcomes, complications and decision making challenges Access to surgical management of VHD in Canada – who are we not reaching? what is technically treatable burden of disease … Read more…
- 2TEE for Ross Procedure: Integrating pre-operative imaging with intra-operative TEEThe number of Ross Procedures has increased in our daily clinical practice. Echocardiographically, what is important to assess during the procedure? (pre and post-CPB). How to optimize TEE measurement… Read more…
- 2What's new in Bicuspid Aortic Valve managementLecture – Review of recent developments in assessment and surgical management of bicuspid aortic valve disease, focusing on valve sparing repairs.
- 2Panel: Minimally Invasive MV Repair – Surgical Approach and Imaging EvaluationMIS MV Repair relies heavily on detailed assessment and planing based on intra-operative TEE. There is significant room for standardization of imaging approach and measurements in order to assist surg… Read more…
- 2Session: How can we repair more valves?Where is the evidence on repair vs. replace in 2022? (MV, AV, specific populations) Obstacles to increasing repair rate Approaches to addressing obstacles
- 1Rescue TEE Team: Is it necessary outside the CV enviroment?What is the importance of TEE as a rescue tool outside cardiac surgery? Is it necessary to implement a Rescue TEE team for the general OR? How would that be possible?
- 1Pitfalls of MV and AV repairCase based presentation on MV and AV repair cases, illustrating echocardiographic pitfalls and how to avoid them
- 1Outcomes and patient selection for Ischemic MR interventionsClip vs. Replacement vs. Repair vs. TC Valves BID case discussion on decision making in IMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahvJf5t2BcY Mahmood et al Echocardiographic Assessment of the Mitra… Read more…
- 1Role of TEE in Liver TransplantationSystematic approach and added value in using TEE for liver transplantation
- 1TEE Assessment of AI in LVAD implantHow much AI is acceptable? Appropriate follow-up of patients with LVAD and AI. Is it time for new guidelines?
- 1Right Heart and TV in LVAD implant: Role of TV repairSong, Howard K et al. Limited Utility of Tricuspid Valve Repair at the Time of Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation. The Annals of thoracic surgery vol. 101,6 (2016): 2168-74. doi:10.1016/j.at… Read more…
- 1Interaction of rhythm disturbances with valve morphology and functionImpact of atrial arrhythmias on the structure and function of MV and TV Role of the conduction system in progression of MR and TV
- 0POCUS in Obstetric EmergenciesLecture and cases. TTE and/or TEE
- 0Bi-plane Imaging: Is there really a more useful 3D modality?1. Illustrate use of bi-plane imaging to speed up screening exam, structure evaluation of valve lesions and localization of other anomalies Screening exam with biplane MV assessment (from BiCo… Read more…
- 0Lung Ultrasound Cases and Decision MakingCases illustrating application of lung US (TEE and TTE) in management of ventilation in OR and ICU
Your name and contact information will be used solely for communications related to the organization and content of the Toronto Perioperative Echo Symposium and will not be shared with any third parties.